Monday, August 15, 2011

Matt's final recap of the South East Asia Tour.

Apologies if this post gets all philosophical on your arse when you may have been expecting a full PARTY recap, yeah we circle pitted, stage dived, skulled beers, partied, laughed, toured and had the time of our life. I would like to thanks everyone who helped us along the way (you know who you were, because we thanked you in person) and of course our travel brothers Atomgevitter, Family Man and Injakmati. But I came from this trip with more than just some great party memories.

The South East Asia DIY punk scene has given me much in the way of information, more than I could ever provide them in the form of new and exciting music. They have helped me understand fully the issues their nations face and why they must play and support punk music to entice change within their social current systems. This true meaning of punk is often lost and mostly a farce in much of Australia, who do not have as much reason to fight back against these norms (hence our songs about bongs and surfing).

I found this to be the greatest part of the tour, their friendlyness and willingness to share the information between each other to create a more informed punk scene on both sides. I now truly understand the importance of DIY. Although this was already strongly practiced by Michael Crafter, never the reasons why. If anyone wants to chat more about this when we get back to Australia please hit me up.

See all our new friends soon fingers crossed!

x
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment